Rene Nevarez, DC, QME, graduated from Southern California University of Health Sciences in 2007 and has since worked both in private practice and as an Orthopedic Surgical Assistant to the Chief of Orthopedics at Los Angeles Downtown Medical Center, where she developed a deeper understanding of body biomechanics and physical rehabilitation. She is also a Qualified Medical Examiner, gaining extensive professional experience in treating complex cases.
View Our Curriculum Here
Medical Legal Fee Schedule
- Medical Legal Fee Schedule Continuing Education
- About the New Fee Medical-Legal Fee Schedule.
- Recommended language for your reports.
- Medical records that were not available to the physician?
- List of Modifiers.
- Title 8. Industrial Relations Division 1. Department of Industrial Relations Chapter 4.5. Division of Workers’ Compensation Subchapter 1. Administrative Director – Administrative Rules Article 5.6. Medical-Legal Expenses and Comprehensive Medical-Legal Evaluations
- § 9795. Reasonable Levels of Fees for Medical-Legal Expenses, Follow-up, Supplemental and Comprehensive Medical-Legal Evaluations, and Medical-Legal Testimony.
- MEDICAL-LEGAL FEE SCHEDULE- APRIL 20, 2021 Q&A MEETING TRANSCRIPT
- Medical-legal fee test
QME 6-Hour Continuing
Education Spinal Impairment
- Understanding Impairment Ratings
- The Spine
- DRE Method
- Applying the DRE Method
- DRE Rating Examples
- Corticospinal Tract
- Pain Related Impairment
- The Pelvis
- ROM Method
- Spinal Measurements
- Specific Spine Disorders
- Nerve Root/ Spinal Cord Component
- ROM Rating Examples
- Alternative Spinal Ratings
- Using ROM Method instead of DRE
QME Official Report Writing
12-Hour Certification Course
Pursuant to the California Code of Regulations, Title 8 §11.5, prior to appointment as a new QME, all physicians must complete at least 12 hours of approved instruction on disability evaluation report writing. This Online 12-hr Report Writing Course is pending DWC approval.
- The Qualified Medical Evaluator’s Role
- Elements of the Medical-Legal Report
- The Language of Reports
- Mechanics of Report Writing
- Time-Frame Guidelines
- Medical Legal Fee Schedule
- Complexity Factors
- Report Example
- Submission and Critique of Written Medical/legal Report.